In this Privacy statement references to “we” “us” and “our” is Square Pound Ltd trading as Better Buy Insurance. Better Buy Insurance a trading name of Square Pound Ltd.
We take your privacy seriously and promise to respect your personal information and collect it fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR (as amended and updated from time to time).
Personal information we collect will be held in digital and / or paper format . We collect personal information such as, but is not limited to name, address, date of birth, IP addresses and information about the technology you are using.
We collect personal information when you;
– Request a Quote
– Purchase a product or service
– Make a payment
– Register a claim
– Update your marketing preferences
– Change your cover details
– Ask a question from your customer contact centre
– Make a complaint
We only collect information that we need and have controls to keep it safe. We will do our best to ensure that your details are kept accurate and up to date.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
In some cases where you register the need to make a claim under your policy, we may use automated processes to determine whether your claim falls within the scope of cover. This decisioning includes logic around the covered circumstances and is directly related to any cover and limits in place. We have relevant quality processes in place to ensure the accuracy of any claims decision where an automated process is in place.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
We exchange personal information with approved organisations for underwriting and fraud prevention purposes and we may provide such information to others where required by law. We, and other companies associated to us, will use and analyse your personal information for the following purposes:
– Managing and administering products and services that we supply – in the case of insurance products this will include underwriting, reinsurance and claims handling purposes and may include disclosing your information to other insurers, reinsurers, regulatory authorities or to our agents who provide services on our behalf.
– External companies such as digital content providers to display adverts about our products and services.
– Financial risk assessment, money laundering checks, compliance and regulatory reporting and fraud prevention;
– Assisting in making decisions on insurance proposals, other products and any claims made by you, members of your household, and others connected with your insurance proposals and claims; and
– Helping us to develop new and innovative products and services. Your personal information will only be disclosed to a third party outside of SPB UK & Ireland Ltd if such a third party has agreed to keep your personal information strictly confidential and use it only for the purpose for which we provide it to them and only kept in-line with our data retention period, which means that data is kept for 7 years from the policy cancellation;
– It is necessary for the performance of an agreement we have with you;
– Such disclosure is required or permitted by law;
– Any such third party provides benefits or services to you under or in connection with our agreement with you;
– Or it is a credit reference or fraud prevention agency.
We will process personal information for our legitimate interests, when we have a business reason to do so. This includes, but is not limited to;
– Preventing and Detecting financial crime and Fraud.
– Improving and developing new products and prices.
– Improving our customer service.
– Improving the relevance of our marketing campaigns.
– Sharing personal information with other SPB companies.
We will only send you marketing information about our products and services if you have given us permission. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may contact you by post, email, SMS or telephone number in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of any marketing, at any time.
How to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing
You can stop direct marketing from us in several ways:
– Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in all marketing emails we send you. We will then stop any further marketing emails from that business.
– Call the Customer Contact Centre details can be found on the contact us page or email firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out of receiving telephone, post, SMS or direct mail.
– Write to us at Marketing Preferences, SPB UK & Ireland Ltd, 3000 Lakeside, Western Road, Portsmouth, PO6 3FQ.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Monitoring & recording of emails & telephone calls
Our administrator may record telephone calls for monitoring and training purposes to assist in preventing and detecting fraud.
All personal information collected by us is done so securely with security systems to prevent unauthorised access. We take security very seriously and we use one of the strongest available security systems to protect your communications with us. Whenever you fill in an online form, such as a request for a quote, it is automatically protected using something called a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) between your computer and ours. SSL works in the following ways:
It prevents impersonation – you can tell that you are using a genuine SSL site by the padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on either the padlock of the image opposite will reveal our Registration Certificate that is issued by Verisign, a leading Internet security company.
It encrypts data – as soon as your computer has recognised our computer they encrypt all information that is passed between them. Data encryption means that no one else can read or change your information as it travels over the internet.
It prevents scrambling – SSL uses a Message Authentication Code to prevent anyone tampering with the site. Your computer will always check this code before it takes a message from us. This means that if anyone tried to interfere with a message, your computer would not recognise the code and would alert you.
Please be on your guard for suspicious emails. If you do receive an email asking you to submit account or security details (such as a credit/debit card number or password) or if you are suspicious in any way of any communication you are asked to provide over the internet in connection with Better Buy Insurance, please Contact Us. If you wish to discuss any matter set out in this document, please contact our administrator.
You will find most questions answered in our Frequently Asked Questions.
For billing queries, sales queries, change of details and claims please contact our administrator using the following details.
email@example.comPost: Citymain Administrators Ltd, 3000 Lakeside, North Harbour, Western Road, Portsmouth, PO6 3FQ
Telephone: 0333 999 7918 (local rate call) Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:30pm